The following one or two day course can be delivered to staff throughout the UK at a venue of your choice. Please enquire for costings.
A one or two day cocaine and crack cocaine training course. This course covers specific interventions, health, mental health issues, appropriate treatment and effective ways of working with this client group.
The course covers;
- History of crack and cocaine
- Current world and UK situation
- Current policy / research documents
- Who is using crack and cocaine
- Types of cocaine
- How cocaine works
- Health and Psychiatric implications
- Harm reduction
Aims and objectives
- Increase knowledge and awareness of the issues relating to crack and cocaine use.
- Increase knowledge of how crack & cocaine is used and the effects upon individual’s physiology and neurology.
- Understand the possible affects on health.
- Understand how specific interventions at relevant stages can increase engagement.
- Increase confidence in working with this client group.
- Increase competence in working with this client group.
Drug and alcohol national occupational standards
- AA1 Recognise indications of substance misuse and refer individuals to specialists.
- HSC233 Relate to, and interact with, individuals.
- HSC3111 Promote the equality, diversity, rights and responsibilities of individuals.
- AB2 Support individuals who are substance users.
- HSC33 Develop your own knowledge and practice.
- AD1 Raise awareness about substances, their use and effects.
- AB5 Assess and act upon immediate risk of danger to substance users.
- AG1 Develop, implement and review care plans for individuals.
- AG2 Contribute to care planning and review.
- HSC347 Help individuals to access employment.
- AK3 Enable individuals to access housing and accommodation.